- Job description for Boiler MakersMarks off and fabricates structural steel and other metal stock to make or repair metal products and structures such as boilers and pressure vessels.Skill Level: 3
This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training,
AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3). At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
- Interested? Register first to start the process.
Interested? Register first to start the process.